- This event has passed.
Local Renewables Conference 2018, Freiburg and Basel
October 24 - October 26
Rising global energy needs remain a major challenge, with cities and regions being central players in making energy more secure, clean and sustainable. To transform from a linear to a circular economy there is a growing need to take advantage of renewable resources, including energy. The conference will address the following key issues:
- How can we ensure that global energy goals, including the 2015 Paris Agreement and the UN Sustainable Development Goals will be reached?
- What is the potential of the circularity of local renewables?
- What transformation is needed in cities for shifting to a circular economy? And how will circular economy shape transformation?
- How can we manage the transformation from a linear to a circular economy?
- What investments are needed and what are the financing options?
- How can relevant stakeholders, such as citizens, public authorities and the private sector be engaged in the urban transformation?
Join leading and learning cities, policy-makers from European and national governments, businesses, research and finance institutions for the 9th edition of the Local Renewables Series.