Multi-energy systems [MES] can decarbonize the heating & cooling, and power & gas sectors through renewable energy sources produced locally
- Technology agnostic aggregation of flexibility from multi-energy systems, while including sector coupling consideration
- Periodical assessment of the revenues and identification of the most promising options
- Optimization of the planning of District Heating and Cooling and distribution grids
- Allowing the provision of flexibility services to DSOs and TSOs
SENERGY NETS aims at demonstrating the technical and economic capability of multi-energy systems [MES] to decarbonize the heating and cooling, power and gas sectors through renewable energy sources produced locally as well as sector integration, by primarily focusing on promising infrastructure and business models.
To do so, SENERGY NETS will develop a set of tools and platforms (up to TRL7/8) aimed to optimize the planning of District Heating and Cooling as well as distribution grids with sector coupling consideration and allow the provision of flexibility services to Distribution and Transmission System Operators. The SENERGY-NETS project will highlight the benefits arising from integrating electricity, gas, heating and cooling systems.
CyberGrid is the workpackage leader for demonstrating market-driven MES flexibility for networks in an industrial area in Ljubljana and will adapt CyberNoc to further develop innovative flexibility aggregation and trading solutions for this demonstration. In addition, CyberGrid is an active contributor in all workpackages.
The developed trading optimizer will allow:
- Technology agnostic aggregation of flexibility from MES (CHP, P2G, CNG compressors, heat pumps,…) and EV charging stations
- API based import of price forecasts from external systems
- API based import time series of future flexibility forecasted and provided by the energy management systems(EMS) of MES
- Filtering for regional flexibilities to provide flexibility on regional level or even substation level
- Periodical assessment of the expected revenues and margins during the upcoming trading period on different flexibility markets and identify the most promising option
- Dynamic switching between different markets, even multiple times within a day, and participate autonomously in the auctions (if API integration is available).
Partners: 19 partners from 8 EU countries with 3 pilots and 2 case-studies
R&D programme: HORIZION-IA
Time frame: 01 Sept 2022 - 31 Aug 2026
“Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or the EU Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Program. Neither the European Union nor the granting authority can be held responsible for them.”